Ventura County Grows Business is a collaborative effort with county and city economic development managers and the Workforce Development Board. These stakeholders are working together to provide services and support that businesses need to thrive. Ventura County has great business and government organizations that make local business retention and expansion their top priority. The Economic Development Collaborative –Ventura County, the Small Business Development Center, and the American Job Centers in Ventura County are just a few that offer no-cost and low-cost professional services to support business growth.
Ventura County's ten key cities are Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Thousand Oaks, Santa Paula, Simi Valley and Ventura. Each of these cities is attractive to businesses in its own way. The ability to locate a business in an area where employees can function with less stress, enjoy a higher standard of living, reduce commute times, and yet has all the business tools and resources to excel professionally can be an enormous strategic advantage for any business. Also, businesses have access to an array of industrial, warehouse, retail, agricultural and commercial business space available for lease, rent or purchase.
Whether starting a business, expanding a business or relocating a business, the advantages of this remarkable county are unmatched.
Access to Markets
- Freeway access to Los Angeles.
- Amtrak and Metrolink service through five locations.
- International trade through the Port of Hueneme deepwater port of entry and foreign trade zone.
- Located between three commercial airports, Santa Barbara, Burbank and LAX
Diverse Economic Base
- Tourism and hospitality, wholesale trade and logistics, health services and biomedical, direct international trade, agriculture, and professional and business services.
- A significant cluster of new technology activities.
Good Access to Both Skilled and Unskilled Labor
- A highly educated workforce with 30% of the population has a bachelor’s degree or more.*
- 82% of the population has a high school diploma
Great Quality of Life
- Safe – FBI rankings rate many Ventura County cities as some of the safest cities in America (pop. >100,000)
- Education – Public K-12 schools are among the best in the state. Three community colleges, Cal State Channel Islands, and Cal Lutheran
- Climate – Some areas have more than 300 sunny days a year.
- Open Space – Permanent, natural open space combined with a healthy agriculture industry, contribute to an overall pastoral ambiance.
- Affordable – An affordable alternative to affluent areas in neighboring regions, while offering a comparable quality of life. You can live better for less in Ventura County
IF YOU HAVEN’T VISITED US LATELY, IT’S DEFINITELY TIME FOR A VISIT.
* The American Community Survey