- SBA’s Small Business Planner — many useful tools for entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Online Business Plan software is a US Department of Commerce resource for writing a business plan. Register for the MBDA Portal in order to gain access to MBDA Business Applications including the Phoenix/Opportunity Matching System and the Business Plan Writer.
- SCORE Business Plans and Finance Templates are free downloadable information on creating a business plan, doing competitive analysis and getting your books properly started.
- Sample Business Plans by Industry are real-world examples of hundreds of business plans across industries. These serve as a good guideline to creating your own business plan.
- Tools for Business for Ventura County
Online Business Databases: City of Camarillo Library
Additional business databases are accessible through the City of Camarillo Public Library and its Russell Fischer Business Collection (RFBC). The RFBC offers many great resources that local entrepreneurs and startups will find very useful. You only need to apply for a City of Camarillo library card, which is free and available to both Camarillo residents and non-residents, click here to apply. Links include:
- Demographics Now: Business and People – Demographics Now contains highly-detailed demographic data. It is an ideal resource for gaining consumer and market insight as you consider opening a business, finding an untapped audience for your products, analyzing the shifts and needs of a given population, and more.
- Lynda.com is a video database with over 2,000 training videos in business, marketing, software training, web design, and countless other disciplines. Most training videos offer downloadable templates that can be used alongside the training
- Value Line – Value Line is an investment management solution that enables both new and experienced investors to make better-informed decisions. It provides in-depth financial information presented in print and online and advanced analytical tools.
- BusinessDecision – Combines extensive consumer household, market segmentation, and demographic data with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping technology.
- First Research – Economic profiles of U.S. states, Canadian provinces and over 400 industries
- LegalForms – Contains a wide selection of professionally drafted, state-specific forms, with completed sample forms for the most common legal matters, including bankruptcy, divorce, landlord-tenant, name change, wills, incorporation, LLC and many others.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – Provides recommendations and research on stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds.
- ReferenceUSA – Contains directory information for more than 12 million businesses and 120 million U.S. households.
Academic Support & Employee Training
- University of California
- California State University
- Economic & Workforce Development through the California Community Colleges
- Employment Development Department, State of California can help you find no-fee employment and training services throughout the state.
- California Department of Education, Workforce Development
- California Virtual Campus