Ventura County Grows Business helps to connect your business with the organizations and agencies that provide training in international trade throughout the Ventura County area. Our partner organizations can assist in exponentially expanding Ventura County businesses by providing information on how to connect with global trade opportunities. Read further for information on services those partners provide.
The Global Entrepreneur Training (GET) in Trade Program, provided by our partner EDC-VC, is geared towards successful managers and business owners who have been in business for a minimum of three years.
The GET Trade program Includes:
- One on one specialized consulting
- Classroom instruction
- Private tour of the Port of Hueneme to assist businesses with the development of core international business skills. These skills include pricing, research skills, cost evaluation, international documentation, payment methods, and import/export compliance.
- Learn what it takes to sell globally
Through educating businesses on matters involving international trade and the free trade zone, the GET Trade Program is able to facilitate company growth. With international trade opportunities, businesses can realize long term objectives of expansion and increased productivity.
Small Business Development Center has identified global business as a valuable pathway for strengthening small businesses and our regional economy.
- SBDC of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties’ Export Initiative
- One-on-one counseling and training seminars for businesses interested in export opportunities or expanding existing international exports
Port of Hueneme is a vibrant U.S. West Coast port that is known for having lower congestion and higher productivity. It is the only deep water harbor between Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay area and is the U.S. Port of Entry for California's Central Coast. It is one of the premier U.S. ports for fresh produce and automobiles. Our partner, EDC-VC, provides training for foreign trade zone and World Trade Center matters.
- Global Resources
- International Contacts
To expedite service delivery, we recommend that you contact our partner organizations directly; however, please do not hesitate to contact Ventura County Grows Business for help in identifying the partner best suited for your needs.