Start a Business
Ventura County is an excellent place to start a business as it offers everything your employees could want in financial stability as well as quality of life. Ventura County Grows Business is proud to partner with various local and state organizations that provide an extensive array of resources for startup businesses in Ventura County. Here you can find guidance on the process involved in creating a startup business plan and to take the needed steps to begin your own business venture.
Start Up Business Plan
Whether starting a business in Ventura County has been a long-held dream or a recent venture, it helps to have the right guidance and advice. At Ventura County Grows Business, we provide access to organizations where small business owners can get help creating a startup or a relocation business plan. A solid business plan is instrumental to establish the foundation of your business model, while guiding your company towards expansion and improvement.
County of Ventura
- Business plan assistance
- Online and local start up workshops
- Workshops and classes to assist with funding and growing the business
- Business plan help
- Free counselling and consulting
- Overview of the business development process
- Guidance on land use permits within unincorporated areas of Ventura County
- Self employment training (SET): A 14 week course related to financing, organizing, managing, and marketing a small business.
- Business Plan Intensive (BPI) - A 6 week intensive course
- Direct Internet links and contact information for state, local, regional, and federal permitting authorities
- Information about relocating a business to California
- Income tax credits from the state of California for businesses that want to come to California
To expedite service delivery, we recommend that you contact our partner organizations directly; however, please do not hesitate to contact Ventura County Grows Business for help in identifying the partner best suited for your needs.