Disaster Assistance Deadline Has Been Extended! The deadline to apply for FEMA Disaster Assistance has been extended to Friday, February 15, 2019. There are three ways for you to register: online, by phone, or in person.
If you or your business have been impacted by the recent wildfires, you can still apply for government assistance:
- Online - Either FEMA or SBA at https://www.disasterassistance.gov/
- Phone - Call 1-800-621-3362
- In Person - Visit the local recovery center at One Dole Drive, #116, Westlake Village, Monday- Saturday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
If you have been impacted by the Woolsey or Hill Fires and are interested in government assistance/financial aid through FEMA or the SBA, please apply online or call 800-621-3362. In addition, start your recovery process by calling your insurance company to start the claim process.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Fact Sheet - California Declaration #15798 & #15799 | English | Spanish
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - Disaster Assistance - California Resource Partners, LA & Ventura Counties | English | Spanish
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - Disaster Assistance - Three Ways to Apply to the SBA | English | Spanish
The SBA has opened a Business Recovery Center at the Economic Development Collaborative (EDC) in the Ventura County Community Foundation Building. Business owners who have suffered economic injury or damage to property are encouraged to visit the center in person or apply with the SBA for low interest loans.
SBA Business Recovery Center – Ventura and Los Angeles County
4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Suite B
Camarillo, CA 93012
Hours: Monday through Saturday 9 am – 6 pm
Hotline number for business owners impacted by the fires: 805-409-9159
Additional Ventura County Resources:
LOS ANGELES COUNTY RESOURCES
Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA)
Benefits.Gov - Disaster Relief
United States Department of Agriculture-Disaster Assistance Programs
Local Fire Victim Storage Options. Here are links to three local storage businesses with special offers to Hill and Woolsey fire victims. We would suggest letting any storage facility you are considering know that you are a fire evacuee as many more may be giving similar consideration.
Fall 2018 California Wildfires Helping Handbook
- A Resource for Individuals, Families, and Small Businesses | English | Spanish
- DR-4407-CA NR 033 Unemployed or Out of Business Due to Wildfires? DUA, SBA May Help | English | Spanish
- DR-4407-CA NR 026 Nearly $350 Million in Federal Grants and Loans for Wildfire Survivors | English | Spanish
- DR-4407-CA NR 025 Deadline Extended to Apply for FEMA Disaster Assistance | English | Spanish
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance. Deadline for filing claims is: December 14 | News Release
- DR-4407-CA NR012-UPDATE $180 million in Grants and Loans Approved for Wildfire Survivors | English | Spanish
- SBA Tops $30 Million in Disaster Assistance Loans For California Wildfires, December 3, 2018 | English | Spanish
- DR-4407-CA NR 006 State/FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Opens in Ventura County
- Tax relief for victims of November 8 wildfires in California | CA-2018-13, Nov. 13, 2018 | News Release
- California Wildfires (DR-4407) - Incident Period: November 08, 2018 - Major Disaster Declaration declared on November 12, 2018 | News Release
We would like to think that this will never happen again in our lifetimes, but if not fire, there’s rainfall/landslides or earthquakes/tsunamis. It’s best to be prepared, because it’s not IF another disaster strikes, it’s when. Check out a few great guides below and make sure you, and your business, are prepared for the next one.