Manufacturing is Big Business. California is the No. 1 manufacturing state in the country.
National Association of Manufacturers statistics show that 1.25 million people are employed by more than 35,000 manufacturing companies in the state.
Ventura County has more than 900 local manufacturers.
Manufacturing accounts for 25 percent of Ventura County Gross Domestic Product. Ventura County is 1.26 times more concentrated in manufacturing jobs than California as a whole.
Manufacturers need access to employees with the skills necessary for 21st -century advanced manufacturing. In Ventura County, many organizations provide assistance to businesses offering consulting services including capital sourcing, recruitment, manufacturing efficiency, government contracting, start-up assistance, technology, business management and marketing and sales.
- Workforce Development Board
- On-The-Job Training
- Economic Development Collaborative
- Small Business Development Center
- Women's Economic Ventures
More Resources for Manufacturers
- California Manufacturing Technology Consulting (CMTC)
- National Association of Manufacturers
- Employers Playbook for Building an Apprenticeship Program
- Grow your Manufacturing Business
- Starting & Running a Manufacturing Business
- See Top 20 Facts About Manufacturing in the U.S.
Manufacturing Exemptions & Incentives
Connect with Ventura County Manufacturers
- Connect with the Manufacturers Roundtable of Ventura County (MRVC)
MRVC members are manufacturers who are committed to developing a skilled local workforce, strengthening regional networks, and advancing manufacturing business success in Ventura County. Contact 805-477-5306 for information on how to join and connect at linkedin.com/mrvc
- Attend a Manufacturers Networking Event
- Join the WDB Manufacturing Committee
Members meet bi-monthly to champion the creation, support, and training of a diverse pipeline of skilled workers to fill in-demand manufacturing positions in Ventura County. They work to align educational skills development with hiring trends and emerging technologies as well as foster an environment that bring partners together to advocate manufacturing workforce needs.